Child rights drawing competition7. March 2016
icture your rights and bring your voice to the Eurochild Conference 2016!
Are you passionate about children’s rights? Send us a drawing of a right you think matters most to you! Your drawings will feature in our conference materials and you could win a trip to meet European officials and other young people like you in Brussels! Read more about the Eurochild Conference 2016 here.
Sketch my Rights is a unique opportunity to bring your voice to the Eurochild Conference 2016 and share your views with EU decision-makers, civil society organizations and young people. Your messages and opinions will be analysed and addressed during the Eurochild Conference 2016! Additionally, all the drawings will be used to support the Eurochild team to prepare interesting, attractive, fun and original communication materials such as posters, flyers, webpages, and many others!
You can participate if:
- You are not older than 18 years old
- You are interested in children’s rights and child participation
- You are living in Europe
How to participate:
Fill in the form and upload your creation here by 15 APRIL 2016.
On your drawing you can use colours, illustrations, drawings, background, textures and other things that come up to your mind! You can take inspiration from the slider above and create your own version!
The image has to relate to one of the conference themes:
- children in poverty,
- children on the move or migrant children,
- children in care or in risk of going into care.
The winner will be announced on 6 MAY 2016.
Rules of the game:
- Images can be pencil or digital: collage, comics style and text allowed, but no photos please
- Properties of material: it must be an original creation of your own
- Any or all materials submitted to Eurochild can be used in the promotion of the Conference
- Accepted formats: JPEG, PNG, ESP, PSD, GIF, PDF
- Minimum size: 1 MB, 300 DPI. If you scan the image please try to ensure quality.
Do you prefer using your phone or tablet? There are many online tools you could use to do this, we suggest these two free tools that can help you out:
Need some inspiration? Here is some reading material on your rights!
United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child in youth friendly language – I’ve got rights!
Your drawings will feature on:
- Eurochild’s social media pages, including Facebook and Twitter
- Eurochild website, newsletter
- Eurochild Conference flyer, publications and programme (if selected)
One participant will win a trip to Brussels for two people (one child and one accompanying adult) to attend the Eurochild conference “Children’s Rights Matter: Why Europe needs to invest in children” on 5-7 July 2016. At the conference the winner will get to speak to EU decision makers and officials about his/her passion for children’s rights.
The winner will also be actively engaged in the preparation of the Conference and support the Eurochild team to prepare attractive, fun and original communication materials such as posters, flyers, etc. Please note that the Eurochild Conference is reserved to children older than 12 years +. An alternative and equally rewarding prize will be assigned to a winner younger than 12. The jury could allow a younger winner to attend if the jury is confident that a meaningful participation of the child is possible.
The submissions will be judged by a jury composed of Eurochild staff in Brussels including Maria Herczog, Eurochild President and former member of the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child. The judgement of the jury is incontestable.
The jury will base its decision on three selection criteria:
- Creative expression of one or more of the conference themes
- Originality of the idea
- Originality in representing children’s rights and how to invest in children.
Travel Rules and Regulation:
- The awarded winner must be accompanied by an adult and both must be able to travel and stay in Brussels during the entire conference from 5-7 July 2016 to get the most of the experience.
- The Eurochild Conference is reserved to 12 years +, to ensure meaningful participation of children and young people at the conference.
- Eurochild will sponsor the winner and one accompanying adult with accommodation and free entrance at the conference on 5 and 6 July 2016; this includes dinner on 5-6 July and lunch on 6 July. Eurochild will also sponsor travel costs from your place to Brussels and to the conference (local transport). Other daily expense will not be covered.
For questions please contact: Nicolas.Meslaoui(at)eurochild(dot)org